Saturday, April 16, 2011

We Have Snow On The Ground

I had an interesting day. I spent much of it preparing the next set of filings for my DOR mess, but progress is being made. Well it was being made until 4 hours into the project my browser decided to shut down and the online forms were not save-able. So I went to run a few errands and drive around and see the water and clear my head.

I found some interesting things. For instance, this picture is important.


First of all, it's snowing! I'm really not happy about that. Second, it's windy (check out the flag). Finally, if you look carefully you'll see Dave's white truck on the left side of the white building and if you are exceptionally lucky, you'll see Becky's black SUV just peeking around the right hand side. This means they're down doing something on the boat. However, there is no boat. What this tells us is that they took off for Chambers Island. This further means that the ice is out of the harbor out at the Island. Despite the snow, spring really is here.

I cruised around town for a little bit and was surprised by how fast the snow was increasing. The bluffs were almost completely obscured even when just a block or two away. This is a shot looking at the bluffs up Cottage Row.


I eventually made my way to the top of the bluff and took this picture looking back over part of the harbor. It was cold and wet and beautiful.


I ended up back at home but was struck by the sweetness of this tree (Hawthorne I think) relatively protected, wet with sticky snow melt, and somehow vibrating a life underneath its still winter skin. Have a blessed Palm Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment